New phone numbers to book blood collection appointments at three Eastern Zone hospitals
New phone numbers have been set up to help the public make blood collection appointments within three Eastern Zone hospitals and to address the volume of calls being received.
Those hospitals include Cape Breton Regional Hospital, Glace Bay Hospital and St. Martha’s Regional Hospital. To make appointments for blood collection at these hospitals, call:
• Cape Breton Regional Hospital: 902-563-8545, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. (excluding holidays)
• Glace Bay Hospital: 902-842-2830, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m. (excluding holidays)
• St. Martha’s Regional Hospital: 902-867-8821, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. (excluding holidays)
When people call these numbers, they will be placed in a queue to be answered in order so people will not get a busy signal.
All other sites will continue to use their current phone number and hours as listed below:
• New Waterford Consolidated Hospital: 902-592-3319, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Northside General Hospital: 902-794-5420, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital: 902-258-2100 ext. 1116; Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Sacred Heart Community Health Centre: 902-224-4010, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Victoria County Memorial Hospital: 902-295-2189, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Buchanan Memorial Community Health Centre: 902-336-2200, ext. 226; Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Strait Richmond Hospital: 902-625-7220, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Guysborough Memorial Hospital: 902-533-3702 ask for Lab, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• St. Mary’s Memorial Hospital: 902-522-2882 ask for Lab, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
• Eastern Memorial Hospital: 902-366-2794 ask for Lab, Monday–Friday, 1–3 p.m.
As part of Nova Scotia Health’s response to COVID-19, an appointment system was implemented for blood collection services. Improving the appointment booking process for all patients requiring blood collections across the zone enables Nova Scotia Health to continue to support appropriate physical distancing for patients and staff.
Media Contact: Provincial media line: 1-844-483-3344 or NSHAmedia@nshealth.ca
About Nova Scotia Health
Nova Scotia Health provides health services to Nova Scotians and a wide array of specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. Nova Scotia Health operates hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers. We work in partnership with community groups, schools, governments, foundations and auxiliaries and community health boards. Visit nshealth.ca for more.