NSHA advising of potential COVID-19 exposure at locations in Halifax Regional Municipality
Friday, April 17, 2020 - 01:13PM
NSHA Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at the following locations in Halifax Regional Municipality:
- Giant Tiger, 114 Woodlawn Rd, Dartmouth on April 13 from 10:30 am to 12 pm.
- It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on the named date at this location may develop symptoms up to, and including, April 27, 2020.
- Bob’s Taxi, based in Dartmouth, on April 4 - April 15 from 10 am to 1 pm.
- It is only one car of the cab fleet for which a confirmed exposure has been identified. Precautions were taken by the driver during this time.
- It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on the named dates may develop symptoms up to, and including, April 29, 2020.
Public Health is directly contacting anyone known to be a close contact of the person(s) confirmed to have COVID-19. While most people have been contacted, there could be some contacts that Public Health is not aware of.
People at the named locations on the dates notes should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
If you have two or more COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call 811 for assessment. Please self-isolate until you receive 811 advice on next steps.
- Do not go directly to a COVID-19 assessment centre without being directed to do so by 811.
When NSHA Public Health makes a public notification it is not in any way a reflection on the behavior or activities of those named in the notification.
All Nova Scotians are advised to continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and are urged to follow Public Health guidelines on how to access care. Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus
– 30 –
Provincial media line: 1-844-483-3344