NSHA advising of potential COVID-19 exposure at several HRM locations
Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 03:08PM
NSHA Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at several Halifax Regional Municipality locations. These are not related to any previous potential exposure notifications:
- Atlantic Superstore, 9 Braemar Dr, Dartmouth on April 2-6, 8
- Scotia Tire, 975 Cole Harbour Rd, Dartmouth on April 6
- Halifax Transit routes
- Route #60 at 6:10 am -7:10 am leaving Eastern Passage on April 2-6
- Route #10 at 6:40 am -7:40 am Dalhousie on April 2-6
- Route #62 at 4:50 pm - 5:50 pm Wildwood on April 2-6
- Route #60 at 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm heading towards Eastern Passage on April 2-6
- Route #60 at 8:15 am - 9:15 am leaving Eastern Passage on April 8
Public Health is directly contacting anyone known to be a close contact of the person(s) confirmed to have COVID-19. While most people have been contacted, there could be some contacts that Public Health is not aware of.
It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on the named dates at this location may develop symptoms up to, and including, April 22, 2020. People should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
If you have two or more COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call 811 for assessment. Please self-isolate until you receive 811 advice on next steps.
- Do not go directly to a COVID-19 assessment centre without being directed to do so by 811.
When NSHA Public Health makes a public notification it is not in any way a reflection on the behavior or activities of those named in the notification.
All Nova Scotians are advised to continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and are urged to follow Public Health guidelines on how to access care. Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus
– 30 –
Provincial media line: 1-844-483-3344