Living Beyond Cancer – A class for cancer survivors
Finishing cancer treatment can be a time of highs and lows. For some people, going back to “normal life” or a “new normal” isn’t that easy. Along with the relief you might feel finishing your treatment, it is normal to have concerns about your future. Living Beyond Cancer – A class for cancer survivors will give you information about what to expect after your cancer treatment.
- What is follow up care?
- Short and long term side effects of cancer treatment
- Physical activity
- Coping and adjustment
- Services available
- Who to talk to if you have sexual health concerns
Location, contact information and hours
This class takes place on the last Wednesday of every month, in community locations across Nova Scotia via Virtual Health from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Aberdeen Hospital
- Bethune Building, QEII Health Sciences Centre
- Buchanan Memorial Hospital
- Cape Breton Regional Hospital
- Cumberland Regional Hospital
- Inverness Consolidated Hospital
- Sacred Heart Community Health Centre
- South Shore Regional Hospital
- St. Martha’s Hospital
- Strait Richmond Hospital
- Valley Regional Hospital
- Victoria County Memorial Hospital
- Yarmouth Regional Hospital
How do I access this program?
To register for this program, please call 1-866-599-2267.
- Learn More – For Patients
- Living Beyond Cancer: Follow up Care for Cancer Patients (PDF)
- Living Beyond Cancer: Follow up Care for Breast Cancer Patients (PDF)
- Living Beyond Cancer: Follow up Care for Colon Cancer Patients (PDF)
- Living Beyond Cancer: Follow up Care for Rectal Cancer Patients (PDF)
- Living Beyond Cancer: Follow up Care for Thyroid Cancer Patients (PDF)