The risk factor clinic is part of the Chronic Disease Management Program at South Shore Health.
This program is for people with a history of:
- Heart attacks or angina
- Heart surgery (heart transplant, coronary bypass, valve replacement, stenting)
- Peripheral arterial disease
Staff at this clinic will help you and your family:
- Find out about what increases your risk of heart disease
- Set health goals and make a personal action plan to improve your health
- Learn about medications, exercise
- Learn about resources and services available within South Shore Health and the community.
One on one or group education with a Registered Dietitian, and ongoing follow-up as needed to promote and support healthful eating.
Early Cardiovascular Health Education Program: group Education Sessions are offered monthly, intended for those recently discharged from hospital with a Cardiovascular Diagnosis.T
he Cardiovascular Risk Factor Clinic is intended to help motivate and assist individuals and families to take responsibility for their own health through motivating self directed action plans to reach personal health goals.
The clinic provides information, counseling, exercise/ education based rehabilitation programs, and links clients with other resources and services available within South Shore Health and the community.
- A comprehensive Cardiovascular Risk Assessment by our team.
- One on one counseling with a Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN) for information on Cardiovascular Risk Factors:
- Exercise Guidelines and Prescriptions
- Motivational Interviewing Regarding Goal Setting and Developing Personal Action Plans for Lifestyle Change
- Assessment and Screening for Enrollment in an individualized Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Group Education Sessions are offered monthly, intended for those recently discharged from hospital with a Cardiovascular Diagnosis (see Early Cardiovascular Health Education Program).
- One on one or group education with a Registered Dietitian, and ongoing follow-up as needed to promote and support healthful eating.
Locations and contact information
How do I get an appointment?
Referrals are accepted from physicians and NPs by fax
Forms and Documents
CV-0001 Referral Form* (.docx file download)
For Healthcare Professionals
Please visit the Cardiovascular Health Nova Scotia corporate page.